Do you love helping clients to solve problems using technology and advanced analytics? Are you dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience? As a Sales Development Representative you will be the go-to person for all new customers at GDM. You’ll build relationships with customers by developing an understanding of their challenges and helping them solve those challenges with our industry leading software, data, and services.
We promote the growth and development of our team. This role is a great opportunity for a high performer to work in the energy industry and propel their professional sales career.
GDM offers the only complete energy infrastructure management solution that addresses the complexity of asset management with our proprietary and industry-trusted information, innovative perspectives that fuel transparency, and user-friendly technology. GDM simplifies the complex without sacrificing the sophisticated nuances of day-to-day workflows. Our data is used by 500+ companies from energy producers & services companies to government, and educational institutes; they trust GDM information every day.
About the Role
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for supporting GDM’s growth of sales through building new relationships with potential clients. The ideal candidate is interested in progressing as a B2B sales professional and is comfortable connecting with leads to learn about their businesses and needs. Success in this role requires someone with exceptional communication and relationship building skills that focuses on outreach, prospecting, and lead qualification.
- Represent GDM’s product and services, using comprehensive knowledge as well as proactive client research to explain how our solutions meet customer needs.
- Identify potential clients and generate new business opportunities for the company.
- Generate sales agreements and proposals.
- Stay up to date on market trends, competition, and industry developments.
- Work closely with internal colleagues on developing marketing materials and case-studies.
- Attend industry functions and events to build relationships and generate leads.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of prospects and engage management on next steps.
- Two or more years of experience in sales or customer service.
- Previous experience selling or supporting Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings in the energy industry is desirable.
- Existing business relationships with decision makers in the energy industry with a specific focus on operational management is a strong plus.
- Energetic, persuasive and well organized and able to demonstrate the ability to sell.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in in a relevant field is desirable.
- We support hybrid roles. While not everyday, a regular presence in our Calgary office is required.
- Upbeat positive attitude when facing setbacks and always looking for an opportunity.
- Passionate for GDM, our products, and the value we provide to our clients.
- Strong desire and ability to progress within our sales organization.
As a valued member of our team, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary structure along with a host of benefits including:
- Extended health and dental benefits program including a health spending account
- Generous paid vacation time
- Flexible work hours
- Paid volunteer program
- A supportive team environment
Let us know if you think you’re a good fit! Apply today at firstname.lastname@example.org.