About the Role:
The Data Operations Team Lead is responsible for driving exceptional customer experiences by ensuring GDM data is business decision ready. The ideal candidate is data obsessed focused on ensuring all processes lead to high data quality outcomes, and on scaling up operations to ingest new data sources. Success in this role requires someone driven by operational excellence and leading a collaborative, seasoned team of data professionals.
- Develop a data quality strategy that establishes, maintains, and incrementally improves a baseline of superior data quality.
- Work closely with GDM’s Customer Experience team to deliver on data product roadmaps.
- Manage and oversee a team of data professionals, including performance management, mentoring, and coaching.
- Proactively monitor GDM data to ensure client-facing data issues are minimized with a goal of achieving zero commercial release issues.
- Engage in client data issues and ensure response times and data quality standards are met.
- Responsible for change management by assessing impacts, planning communications, and implementing change both internally and externally.
Requirements and Assets:
- Prior experience in a Team Lead or Supervisor level role within an organization supporting the oil and gas industry with data on pipeline, facility and well infrastructure.
- Prior technical experience in a similar operations environment involving data collection, value-add transformation, delivery and support of client and channel partners.
- Experience in data mining, data governance, data strategy and analytics.
- Energetic, persuasive, and well organized with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- An undergraduate degree, or technical diploma with experience, in Engineering, Earth Sciences, Data Science, Information Management or a related field.
- While not everyday, a regular presence in our Calgary office is required.
- Ability to learn quickly and dive deep into new problems and domains.
- Passionate for GDM, our data, and the value we provide to our clients.
- Creative problem solver who can come up with new ways to solve challenging technical problems.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams.
As a valued member of our team, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary along with a host of benefits including:
- Participation in the company’s profit share program
- Extended health and dental benefit program including a health spending account
- Generous paid vacation time
- Flexible work hours
- Hybrid home and office work schedule
- Paid volunteer program
- A supportive team environment
Think you’d be a great fit? Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.