We're here to support you each step of the way ​

Whether you are just getting started with one of our software solutions, need help understanding a data set, or want to create something unique to your company or industry, were here to help.

Customer Support
CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Data analysis doesn’t have to be painful

Our systems and services are designed to be easy to use, but we’re here to help no matter what. Take a look at our latest Release Notes below to learn about what’s new in Converge, or visit our FAQs to help solve some of our most commonly asked questions. Still need support? Contact us and we’d be glad to help you out. 

ConConverge Crossing Manager by gdm lets you Easily create multi-year inspection programs to ensure your entire crossing inventory is accounted for
Data Management
Our team can help with any data management questions or challenges to ensure you are always working with the best available data.
Reporting & Analytics
We can support the creation of customized industry insight and reports to help answer any questions you may have about your asset infrastructure.
Training & Support
Need help getting started with your data or software subscription? Have questions about features or attributes? We include training and support for every customer at no extra cost.

Release notes

September 20, 2022 - Flow Apportionment Enhancement Added 

  • Trace the path of production throughout the entire network 

September 14, 2022 - New Low Pressure Gas Map Layer Added

  • Alberta Low Pressure Gas map layer now available in Converge and visible when zoomed in, leveraging the info tool, display labels and print.

May 12, 2022 - GDM Brand Refresh 

  • Changes to the UI to reflect the new GDM brand 

March 8, 2022 - Water Crossing Proximity Factors 

  • Add proximity factors to pipeline water crossings to get a more accurate picture of potential downstream impacts of pipeline releases

January 24, 2022 - Improved infrastructure for score calculations 

  • Updated Kafka infrastructure and framework along with queueApp used for score calculations

Asset Overview 

  • View the locations of your entire asset inventory on the map at any zoom level 

Connectivity Manager - Labels and Diagram Locking 

  • Label your pipelines with Status, Substance, Outer Diameter, Material Type, Length, H2S content, or MOP 
  • Label wells with the well name, instead of the UWI 
  • Lock diagrams so they can not be updated by other users while they are in use 

Connectivity Manager – Standalone Sites and Object Ordering 

  • Add unlicensed assets such as satellites to system diagrams 
  • Change the position of assets on the diagram using “To Front” or “To Back” tools 

Connectivity Manager -  Feature Updates 

  • New subtypes, properties and visual differences for Risers 
  • New features for Lift Types, Vessels, and Water Crossings 

Shapefile Exports 

  • Export pipeline, facility, or well features in shapefile format  

Saskatchewan MER Attribute Export 

  • Create pipeline exports designed to simplify data updates related to Saskatchewan Flowline Licensing 

Spatial Data Selection 

  • Draw polygons in the map to select custom groups of assets 

Connectivity Manager Module 

  • Create diagrams to connect assets or groups of assets 

Facility Production Data 

  • Each facility card now includes a Production Data tab that shows historical production 

Municipal Boundary Layer 

  • Baseline Risk Consequence Layer 
  • Crossings and Land Features 

  • Incident Export 
  • Search for Location using Lat/Long values 

Expanded regulatory  document collection 

Expanded Well Information 

  • New well attributes added to the Well Card and data panel 
  • Well production information tab added to the Well Card 

Risk and Consequence Layers 

  • View pipelines according to risk profiles 
  • View high consequence areas that impact risk scores 

Frequently asked questions

DATA

GDM features data across Canada, including the territories, as well as Montana and North Dakota.

  • Enhanced Pipeline & Facility Data
  • Environmental Incidents
  • Transportation Infrastructure Data
  • Low Pressure Gas
  • Frontier Land

Over the last 25 years, GDM has been working to create the most comprehensive source of oil and gas infrastructure data available. Here are some of the things that set us apart:

  • Only 20% of the pipelines available from the BC Oil and Gas Commission include spatial data. GDM delivers spatial data for the other 80% through our enhanced pipeline data.
  • Currently, only 23% of the pipelines in Saskatchewan are licensed. You can access information about the other 77% through GDM…the only current source for this information.
  • GDM has spatially enhanced the pipeline locations for 97% of the pipelines in Alberta, providing the best representation of actual locations available anywhere.
  • 46% of the facilities in Western Canada, including 93% of the facilities in Saskatchewan, include spatially updated locations to provide a more accurate view of actual positions within the LSD.
  • GDM’s data includes risk consequence rankings for over 493,000 pipelines in Western Canada.

Reach out to us at support@gdm-inc.com and we can work with you to understand the problem and update our data.

Yes. While GDM’s data is available in GIS-Ready formats, it is also integrated into leading industry applications, allowing non-GIS users to view GDM’s data. These applications include Converge by GDM, AccuMap by S&P Global (formerly IHS Markit), and geoSCOUT and gDC Cloud by geoLOGIC Systems.

The frequency of update depends on where you are accessing the data.

Converge – daily updates

Information Hub/gDC – monthly updates

GIS Ready data – monthly updates

AccuMap/geoSCOUT/gDC Cloud – monthly updates

Our data is available via subscription only. Contact us at support@gdm-inc.com to discuss the subscription options that best suit your needs.

SOFTWARE

Yes. Converge by GDM is an online, map-based software application that lets you easily search for any asset using a variety of attributes, and gain insight into assets using its built-in reports and analytics tools. It is built using GDM’s industry-leading data, so you always have access to the most current, complete, and accurate information about operating assets. For more information or to set up a demo, contact us at support@gdm-inc.com.

Yes. GDM’s data is available as add-on modules for both AccuMap and geoSCOUT. Contact your account rep to discuss how to include our data within your existing subscription.

Yes. GDM’s Converge software features add on modules for Pipeline Risk Management, Water Crossing Management, and Connectivity. These modules are all purpose-built to help manage asset integrity workflows.

SERVICES

Yes. Our team has already worked with many operators in Saskatchewan to help them understand the requirements for Retroactive Flowline licensing, and to help them complete their submissions. Contact us at support@gdm-inc.com for more information on how we can help.

Yes. Included with every Converge subscription is unlimited support and training to ensure users can use the software to its full potential. Contact us at support@gdm-inc.com to discuss options or schedule a session for your team.

Get started today

BY USE CASE
BY ROLE

Industry Data Access

Comprehensive energy infrastructure data from across Canada and the Northern USA.

Analytics & Mapping Software

Powerful yet simple to use visualization, analysis, and reporting tools.

Risk & Integrity Software

We help manage energy infrastructure risk on a national scale.

Energy Transition

Your key partner for analyzing infrastructure and planning for the energy transition.

Custom Reporting & Analytics

Custom reporting and analytics to help answer any operational question.

Regulatory Support

We support data file and regulatory submissions for all provincial regulators. 

Data

Oil and gas infrastructure data from every province in Canada and the Northern United States.

Converge

Our flagship software solution that provides complete infrastructure information wherever you are.

Connectivity Manager

Connectivity Manager makes it easy to identify connections and understand your pipeline network.

Crossing Manager

The only integrity software that helps you manage a complete water crossing inspection program.

Risk Manager

Stay ahead of the game with on-demand risk scores for every pipeline in Western Canada

Third-Party Software

We partner with industry-leading companies to incorporate our data into multiple applications.